0total views of outputs
0total downloads of outputs
0views of outputs this month
0downloads of outputs this month
I joined the teaching team on the Urban & Environmental Planning course in 2021 following 17 years of industry experience in the Town Planning where I specialised in retail, commercial and residential development applications, retail impact assessments and planning appeals. I am an assessor for the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) for over 10 years and I hold a Masters in Town Planning from the University of Manchester.
Externally I act as an Independent Planning Consultant for an array of retail, commercial and residential schemes in a variety of town centre and green belt locations.
I have been assessing chartership applications for the Royal Town Planning Institute for over 10 years which provides me with an excellent insight into the professional requirements for chartership and the state of the profession as a whole.
My main interests include the social aspects of Town Planning and equality and diversity hoping to encourage diversity across the town planning field and in the uptake of town planning courses.
University of Manchester
- Project management of planning applications from inception to decision
- Planning Appeals, written reps and hearings.
- Preparation and submission of planning documentation for applications
- Co-ordinate consultants to undertake specialist report required for planning permission
- Review, summarise and evaluate transport assessments, noise assessment, plans, EIAs, acoustic reports etc to advise clients and strategy
- Retail data analysis including quantitative and qualitative retail analysis
- Preparation and presenting at planning committee
- Management of project budgets and consultant budgets including mitigation
- Commercial, retail, industrial and residential client advice and guidance
- Management of graduates and review of graduate analysis
- Evidence and reports for planning appeals
- Creating project timelines to include all consultant processes upto delivery of development
- Negotiation with planning officers regarding S106 contributions/ planning conditions
- Review of new statutory and non-statutory planning policy and planning law documents
- Review and analysis of changes to planning policy and revisions of NPPF
- Analysis and due diligence of sites included listed buildings, World Heritage Sites, Town Centres, Green Belt and Conservation Areas
- Presentation and representations at Examination in Public for planning policy;
- Preparation of appeal documentation for hearings and inquiries
- Review and analysis of other consultants’ reports;
- Stakeholder engagement with owners, occupiers, ward members, public
- Site appraisals and feasibility studies;
- Instructions to Counsel;
- Commercially focused planning advice and long-term asset strategy
- Preparation of quantitative impact assessments for food and non-food development;
- Strategy formulation following emerging local and national policy;
- Preparation and submission of planning applications;
- Sequential Assessments
- Client relationship management
- Commissioning data and analysis;
- Writing thought leadership articles for blogs and industry publications;
- Negotiation with Local Planning Authorities;
- Delegation of workload and training of junior staff;
- Invoicing and budget management.
Preparation and submission of planning applications
Preparation for appeal documentation and evidence for planning inquiries
Writing Instructions and briefs for Counsel;
Consultations with Counsel
Retail Impact Assessments;
Commissioning and analysing data;
Leading Client and Council meetings
Scoping research: Site appraisals and feasibility studies
Negotiation with Local Planning Authorities
Preparation and submission of planning appeals including grounds of appeal
Quantitative and Qualitative Need Assessments
Quantitative Impact Assessments
Retail Need and Impact Assessments
GIS spatial data mapping and analysis
Existing and emerging planning policy research
Submission of planning applications
Liaising with clients, project updates, alleviating problems.
IT Skills- ProMap, MapInfo, Experian Goad, Mintel, amongst other research databases
Working to establish Strategic planning policies.
Project management; budget and expenditure;
Spatial mapping of data;
Community consultation and preparation of events
Creating databases for effective collation of consultation feedback;