0total views of outputs
0total downloads of outputs
0views of outputs this month
0downloads of outputs this month
Over thirty years operating in performing arts, I have established a professional profile as an actor, director, educator and trainer where my expertise & outputs span the UK, Ireland, and worldwide, embracing both established and emergent performance practices. Holding an MA from Royal Central School of Speech & Drama, I've taught in leading institutions, including Royal Central, Rose Bruford and Institute of the Arts Barcelona. As Head of Acting, I designed Falmouth University's BA (Hons) Acting degree. I am the founding director of Living Acting Studio and formerly Nervousystem Theatre Lab (2012-2022). I am an associate editor for Theatre, Dance & Performance Training.
2002 – 2012. Nervousystem Performance Laboratory (NPL). Founder and artistic director. Dublin-based international performance laboratory.
Actor - Theatre & Performance (Selected)
• 2016 Talhiya Lapse, The Shooter, dr. Paul Regan, Caberet Voltaire, Zurich
• 2015 Worstward Ho, Mouth on Fire TC, C. Quinn, Theatre X Chai, Tokyo
• ‘12/13. That Time/Ohio Impromptu, Mouth on Fire TC, Irl & Russia
• 2002 Measure for Measure, Angelo, Dublin, Joe Devlin, Dublin
• 2002 A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Oberon, Public Shakespeare, Kristian Marken, Dublin
• ‘01/02 Alone It Stands, Various, Lane Productions Irish & UK tour, John Breen
• 2001 Of Mice and Men, Slim, The New Theatre, Tim Mc Donnell, Dublin,
• 2001 Women Beware Women, Sordido, Ibhla Illdanach, John O’ Brien, Dublin
• 2000 Julius Caesar, M. Antony, J Devlin (ITA Award Nominee–Best Sup Actor)
• 2000 Hamlet, Horatio, Second Age, Joyce Branagh, Dublin
• 1999 Endgame, Clov, Crowned Child TC, Catherine Fletcher, Los Angeles
• 1998 Something About Us, Michael, Michael Scott, Dublin
• 1996 Troilus and Cressida, Patrocolus, Theatreworks, Dublin
• 1995 King Lear, Fool, Second Age, Alan Stanford, Dublin
• 1995 The Oresteia, Orestes, Theatre Of Joy, Dublin.
• 2011 Game of Thrones (Season 2) Lannister Captain (supporting) HBO TV
• 2011 Love Eternal (Feature) Tim (Supporting) B. Muldowney Fastnet Films
• 2009 The Tudors (Season 4) English Officer (Supporting), Jeremy Podeswa
• 2005 The Big Bow Wow, Tim (Supporting) R.T.E. (Anthony J.Quinn)
• 2004 On Home Ground, Victor (Supporting) R.T.E. (Kevin Liddy)
• 1999 Saving Private Ryan, 3rd Private (Featured), Dreamworks (S. Spielberg)
RESEARCH & EXTERNAL ACTIVITIES
July 2024 Lead Editor for Training Grounds on the forthcoming special issue Training & Agency for Training Grounds for the journal of Theatre, Dance & Performance Training.
December 2021 Author of article ‘Training and Buildings: Leaving the Building’ international Journal of Theatre, Dance & Performance Training https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rtdp20
January 2021 Author of article 'The Speaking Image: That, There, Then…Now’ in the international Journal of Theatre, Dance & Performance Training due for publication in https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rtdp20
March 2021 Associate editor of article Unrehearsed Futures: A series of public conversations on theatre pedagogy hosted by Drama School Mumbai in the international Journal of Theatre, Dance & Performance Training due for publication in https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rtdp20
Feb-March 2020 Co-teacher of Presencia en Acción | Jugar con la Gravedad y Momentum workshop series hosted by DuquesnayLavrennikov at Wellco, Barcelona, https://www.facebook.com/events/612440269596574/
October 2020 Chair/convener for the webinar; From a Distance: Elevating the Covid-trained Performer as part of Unrehearsed Futures: webinar talks series on theatre pedagogy https://dramaschoolmumbai.in/unrehearsed-futures-drama-pedagogy-in-the-post-covid-world/
Acting and Performance - BA (Hons)
Royal Central School of Speech & Drama
The Conservatory of Music & Drama, TU University, Dublin
Since 2016, I have been an associate editor on the Routledge international journal of Theatre, Dance & Performance Training. Through my work with this highly regarded journal, I curate and edit contributions, regularly liaising and interacting with scholars and practitioners from all over the world working at the forefront of theatre and performing arts education, research and practice.