9total views of outputs
1total downloads of outputs
9views of outputs this month
1downloads of outputs this month
I am a registered Operating Department Practitioner and Lecturer in the Institute of Health and Social Care. I joined LSBU in 2019 having previously worked at a renowned busy London trauma centre. The majority of my clinical practice has been spent specialising in the Recovery and anaesthetic aspects of the perioperative environment. During my time in the NHS, I took on the role of clinical practice facilitator supporting students in the clinical theatre area and completed a Post Graduate Certificate in Practice education at LSBU in 2017.
-Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
-Member of the Association for Perioperative Practice
Operating Department Practice - BSc (Hons)
Operating Department Practice Degree Apprenticeship
London Southbank University
London Southbank University
Co-ordinate placements across the trust for pre-registered and post-registered students, ensuring that learning needs are met.
• Communicate with and attend meetings with the local Higher Education Institutes regarding course academic and placement content, forming and maintaining relationships with the appropriate members of the faculty teams.
• Maintain communications and attend meetings with the Trust Education Department in relation to student AHP/nurses/midwife placement requirements.
• Facilitate learning and teaching for staff and students in the clinical setting and on in-house course modules.
• Maintaining departmental databases for staff training, audit training, mentorship and student placement mapping.
• Promoting patient-centered care and best practice, in line with Trust and National guidance standards procedures and policies.
• Provide training and support to practice mentors, assuring compliance with the relevant professional bodies.
• Develop the strategic evaluation of clinical practice areas by gathering data for the AHP quality dashboards on a monthly basis, reporting results and supporting local managers to develop appropriate action plans addressing any issues raised.
• Aid the AHP lead in provision of education programmes for AHP undergraduate work placement students within Barts Health.
• Attend Nurse/AHP and governance forums - ensuring that information and or changes are communicated and delivered across Theatres.
• Oversee trust wide development opportunities and support for undergraduate ODPs across the trust sites.
• Trust wide auditing of clinical practice.
Band 5 Theatre Recovery practitioner
Recovery / Anaesthetic Practitioner roles. 09/2005 – 01/2010
• Maintaining Health and Safety standards.
• Assisting in the anaesthetic and recovery care of patients.
• maintaining clinical area.
• promoting patient-centred care approaches in line with Trust and National standards.
• Maintaining own Professional standards through continued CPD.
Fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control in the Operating Department
Fielding, J. and Milligan, M. (2022). Fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control in the Operating Department. in: Rodger, D., Henshaw, K., Rawling, P. and Miller, S (ed.) Fundamentals of Operating Department Practice Cambridge University Press. pp. 69-80