154total views of outputs
120total downloads of outputs
0views of outputs this month
0downloads of outputs this month
I joined LSBU in 2021, where I am a Lecturer in Marketing in the business school. My educational background is in international marketing and my professional background comes from the industry itself where I have worked for the largest retailing groups in the UK and the UAE. My research specialism is in retail locations.
I have extensive experience in teaching a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate and executive courses in the areas of marketing Organisational behaviour and digital marketing research. I am a member of the Chartered Institue of Marketing (CIM) and Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
My research focuses on developing empirical generalisations linked with laws for both high street and online retail, and consumer behaviour in the space of consumer-led tech use to better understand these concepts in a variety of retail conditions (retail in other cultures, different categories of retail, different times/days). I have several publications in renowned academic journals in the marketing and consumer retail field. I have also presented my work at a number of international conferences.
International Business Management with Marketing - MSc
International Marketing (with internship) - MSc
International Marketing - MSc
Business Management (Accelerated) - BA (Hons)
Marketing with Digital BSc (Hons)
London South Bank University
London South Bank University
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints, All Saints Building
South Thames College
Wandsworth High Street
- As a course director overseeing the successful and smooth running of the BA Business Management and BA Digital Marketing apprenticeship degrees, internally and externally (communications with the students’ employers).
- Developing high-quality critical analytical material using live briefs, case studies and mixed methods based on national/local business such as We are Waterloo and current trends, and making sure students feel supported via guide videos, 121’s and keeping a contact anytime policy.
- Undertaking several additional duties under my current role including joining the retail research team led by Dr Charles Graham, attending research workshops and conferences, teaching more than 20 hrs a week and many more.
- Ensuring safety and security of people under legal and university requirements across various areas ranging from social distancing covid rules to complying with DDS requirements.
- Actively engaging in staff development activities by undertaking relevant development courses, H&S practices, working with professional bodies and participating in school-wide development away days.
- Leading and developing the UAE retail strategy and teams in line with company and brand objectives.
• Responsible for the sales performance of own retail stores, driving targets and achievement of key KPI’s.
• Work effectively with Landmark Head Office to implement the brand retail strategy in the UAE.
• Developing, protecting, and ensuring perfect execution of the brand through merchandising, marketing, and training guidelines throughout retail stores.
• Responsible for operational management and processes, overseeing health & safety, security, legal and back-office operations.
• Delivering exceptional customer experience at every customer touch point, developing CRM and clienteling throughout the store network.
• Member of Executive Committee contributing to the overall business performance and market growth ensuring achievement of key brand pillars.
• Management of Store Managers, motivate, train, recruit and develop talents.
• Support, adhere to and implement company and brand policies.
- Leading and managing courses in the context of setting vocational assignments, providing professional experience opportunities and safeguarding students.
- Utilising various technological platforms and other resources to develop an applied approach to teaching to meet national needs.
- Developing and delivering weekly professional workshops to support teaching learning and assessment for staff.
- Contributing to outreach activities within the local environment and local anomalies of the school ensuring full integration with Saudi counterparts.
- Adapting lesson plans through engaging and inclusive activities to meet learner needs and objectives.
- Engaging in a variety of learner tools including exams, projects and portfolio building to ensure effective student learning.
- Leading the marketing communication strategies for online/offline marketing, brand management and stakeholder engagement for national and international organisations.
- Ensuring successful delivery of organisations' marketing strategy campaigns and developing plans t achieve brand awareness and growth.
Digital integration in physical retailing. How shoppers augment their own instore experience with a smartphone
Khan, K., Graham, C. and O'Rourke, G. (2022). Digital integration in physical retailing. How shoppers augment their own instore experience with a smartphone. International Conference on the Leadership and Management of Projects in the digital age (IC:LAMP 2022).
The Double Jeopardy in high street footfall
Graham, C., O'Rourke, G and Khan, K. (2023). The Double Jeopardy in high street footfall. Journal of Place Management and Development. https://doi.org/10.1108/JPMD-10-2022-0100
Measures of Revolution on the Local High Street
Khan, K., Graham, C. and O'Rourke, G. (2023). Measures of Revolution on the Local High Street. Academy of Marketing Conference 2023. University of Birmingham 04 - 06 Jul 2023 AoM.
Estimating the value of passing trade from pedestrian density
Graham, C, Khan, K. and Ilyas, M (2017). Estimating the value of passing trade from pedestrian density. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 46, pp. 103-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2017.10.005